Hello lovely readers,
I don’t know about you but I can feel autumn in the air. I have to say, I’. quite excited. London is very pretty at this time of the year, so there are many walks planned on my agenda. On the other note, the change of the weather and recent lack of a good night sleep has affected my skin quite a bit. Breakouts, occasional spots and dullness have taken over. That made me do the “Oatmeal face mask with Manuka honey” already twice this week, so I thought I’ll share it with you as it’s really good for the skin.
OATMEAL FACE MASK
- 2- 3 spoons of oat flakes (plain)
- 2,5 spoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of Manuka honey
Mix the oats, milk and honey together until all the ingredients will be combined. Put on the face and neck for about 25-20 minutes.
TIP: Put the towel/ or dirty T-shirt under your head before applying the mask. It’s very likely that some bits will fall off and land on the pillow/couch. Before removing the mask, massage the covered skin as it can be used also as a delicate face peeling
OATS – BENEFITS
- Source of vitamins (E, PP, B1, B6), as well as minerals like selen or magnesium. Nutritious for the skin and healing for minor skin problems.
- Great for sensitive skin with allergic tendencies.
- Oats contain amino acids which are crucial for building healthy skin tissue. Amino acids also soothe irritation and treat inflammations.
- Great exfoliator. removes dead skin cells and blackheads. The saponins found in oats help to remove dirt from your skin pores.
- Rolled oats can absorb excess amounts of oil from the face
Helps balance the pH of the skin and retain moisture
Great for fighting blemished skin due to its aforementioned natural antibacterial properties
Is known as an antiseptic with superior antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which is great for healing and handling skin impurities
Helps slow the signs of ageing by drawing moisture into the skin and hydrating, moisturising, nourishing, rejuvenating and restoring its natural barrier.